Nearest town: Laurencekirk
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 56.82146,-2.48968
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Subject to Scottish Government COVID rules in operation on the day of the event, as well as Scottish Orienteering’s COVID rules.
A Covid Risk Assessment will be completed for the event.
All participants need to take note of the following important information:
- If you're displaying one or more Covid-19 symptoms you must not attend.
- If you are in Covid-19 quarantine you must not attend.
- People in higher risk categories as set out by the government should be aware that attending could put you at increased risk.
- The 2 metre rule applies at all times, including at controls, so please move away from controls as soon as you have punched and wait if someone else is at the control when you arrive.
- Please give way to other non-orienteering members of the public, including walkers and cyclists.
- Please keep young children with you at all times.
- Please do not congregate at the start, finish, download or car park. The official British Orienteering guidance is to go directly from the finish (download) to your transport, and to leave the event once all members of the party have returned.
- By taking part you agree to British Orienteering’s code of conduct
Other things that will be different from normal local events:
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided at the start and at the finish
- No splits printout will be issued on finishing – results will go online soon after the event.
- Please avoid touching the controls.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with fences and gates.
- We won’t have a communal car key drop box.
Registration & Start Times
Pre-allocated start times between 5:40pm and 6:50pm.
Seniors £5.00, Juniors/Students £2.50. Payment by invoice.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser/planner: Sue Barrie
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Participants in orienteering should be aware of the risk of tick bites - more information here.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.