Nearest town: Aboyne
- Grid Ref: NO 559 984
- Postcode: AB34 5BJ
- Lat/Lon: 57.083478,-2.733192
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Local event at this lovely piece of woodland close to Aboyne
Directions / Parking
Parking/assembly at Bellwade Farm
Situated on A93 between Kincardine O’Neil and Aboyne and there will be a sign for the turn off on the A93.
Courses White to Blue (no Brown)
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.