Nearest town: Ballater
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.05231,-3.04142
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Parking and registration at Ballater Primary School
Registration & Start Times
Starts available any time between 17:00 and19:00
Courses close 20:00
String course - follow the string to find the markers
White - 1.5km - easy, for beginners
Orange - 2.5km - intermediate, for more advanced youngsters and novice adults
Blue - 4.0km - advanced for experienced orienteers
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Adults £2, Juniors £1
Contacts / Officials
Organiser / Planner Sarah Dunn
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.