Nearest town: Strachan
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.03612,-2.59770
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
This is a low-key level D event, so manpower will be limited (Andy Oliver is the main man!); volunteers to help with registration and download will be greatly appreciated.
Expected weather is mild, with stiff south-westerly winds with strong gusts.
Directions / Parking
Car parking and registration at Forestry car park NO632943; please park considerately as there will be other users in the forest
Registration & Start Times
Registration open from 10:30; Starts from 11:00; courses close at 14:00
Short 2.0k, 65m climb. TD 1/2 using paths and tracks
Middle 3.4k, 115m climb. TD 3/4
Long 5.3k, 130m climb. TD5
Map is at 1:10,000 for all courses, on waterproof paper. 20 copies of each course have been ordered, but if demand is higher,we may have to recycle maps.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
£2:50 Juniors (and Seniors on short and middle)
Dogs allowed. Please keep dogs under control, especially in the car park
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Andy Oliver
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.