Nearest town: Banchory
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: AB31 4BL
- Lat/Lon: 57.03453,-2.59722
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
There are two starts.
White - green course starts 900 meters from registration along good tracks,
Blue and brown courses start 500 meters from registration along good paths.
Directions / Parking
Parking at the FCS Shooting Greens car park.
Please car share if possible as the car park is quite small.
Additional parking at the side of the main road.
Registration & Start Times
Registration 10:30 - 12:30
Starts 11:00 - 13:00
Courses close at 14:30
Light Green 3.4km
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry Fees: Senior £5.00 (£7.00 for non BOF members), Seniors running Light Green & below £2.50, Juniors £2.50.
To guarantee a map until 12 noon on Sunday, if you think you are coming to the event please email your name, BOF number (if applicable) and course to by 2.30 pm Saturday 17 Feb. Please put EEE in the subject line for the email filter.
For those who send in an early email entry, there is no need to complete an entry slip at registration. Just go to the Early Entry desk, pay for your run, and pick up a timing brikke.
Please note that this is not a full pre-entry. There is no obligation, and no charge will be made if you cannot come along.
If you decide to run a different course on the day that’s fine. Simply come to registration and as long as there’s map available we will change your entry.
There’s no need to let us know if you can’t make it.
If you choose not to EEE, you can still register and enter in the standard way at the event.
Contacts / Officials
Planner Joseph Wright
Controller Denise Wright
Organiser Pat Graham
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Participants in orienteering should be aware of the risk of tick bites - more information here.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.