Nearest town: Banchory
- Grid Ref: NO685962
- Lat/Lon: 57.05705,-2.52147
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Registration, download and toilets will be in the Burnett Park pavilion. Please remove muddy footwear before entering the building. Parking will be in the Burnett Park car park. This will be signed off the A93 1km west of Banchory town centre.
Registration & Start Times
Registration Times: 10.00 - 11.30
Start Times: 10:30 – 12.00
Courses Close at: 14:00
Courses from white to brown:
Light Green 3.6km
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry Fees: Senior £5.00 (£7.00 for non BOF members), Seniors running Light Green & below £2.50, Juniors £2.50.
To guarantee a map until 11:30 on Sunday, if you think you are coming to the event, please email your name, BOF number (if applicable) and course to by 12 noon on Saturday 6th January. Please put EEE in the subject line for the email filter.
For those who send in an early email entry, there is no need to complete an entry slip at registration. Just go to the Early Entry desk, pay for your run, and pick up a timing brikke.
Please note that this is not a full pre-entry. There is no obligation, and no charge will be made if you cannot come along.
If you decide to run a different course on the day that’s fine. Simply come to registration and as long as there’s map available we will change your entry.
There’s no need to let us know if you can’t make it.
If you choose not to EEE, you can still register and enter in the standard way at the event.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: John Getliff
Organiser: Sue Barrie
Controller: Fran Getliff
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Participants in orienteering should be aware of the risk of tick bites - more information here.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.