Nearest town: Banchory
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: AB31 4AE
- Lat/Lon: 57.05608,-2.51751
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Registration will be located inside the Burnett Park Pavilion, Banchory. AB31 4AE.
Car parking is limited so please park neatly or consider car sharing.
Tea, Coffee and Home Bakes will be sold in aid of the Maroc Junior Section – cake contributions very welcome!
Please ensure that you are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions and are wearing suitable footwear. In case of bad weather cagoules and whistles may be compulsory.
Other members of the public such as dog walkers and cyclists may be present in the woods so please be cautious and considerate.
Directions / Parking
Parking at the cricket ground, Burnett Park. Car parking is limited so please park neatly or consider car sharing.
Registration & Start Times
Registration will be located inside the Burnett Park Pavilion, Banchory.
Registration Times: 10:30 - 12:00
Start Times: 11:00 - 12:30
Courses Close at: 14:30
White 1.5km 10m
Yellow 2.4km 10m
Orange 2.5km 30m
Light Green 3.0km 30m
Green 3.5km 35m
Blue 4.7km 115m
Short Brown 5.8km 145m
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry Fees: Senior £5.00 (£7.00 for non BOF members), Seniors on Light Green & below £2.50, Juniors £2.50.
Early Entry System (Avoid the queue!)
The first event of the year is always very popular so to help speed up admin, if you think you are coming to the event, please email your name, BOF number (if applicable) and course to by 3pm on Saturday 9 January.
Please put EEE in the subject line for the email filter.
For those who send in an early email entry, there is no need to complete an entry slip at registration. Just go to the Early Entry desk, pay for your run, and pick up a timing brikke. A map will be reserved for you up until 12 noon on Sunday.
Please note that this is not a full pre-entry. There is no obligation, and no charge will be made if you cannot come along.
If you decide to run a different course on the day that’s fine. Simply come to registration and as long as there’s map available we will change your entry.
There’s no need to let us know if you can’t make it.
If you choose not to EEE, you can still register and enter in the standard way at the event.
Punch Type: Emit
Dogs on leads only
Contacts / Officials
Controller: Helen Rowlands
Planner: Denise Wright
Organiser(s): Pat Graham
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.