Nearest town: Burnett Park, Banchory
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: AB31 4FD
- Lat/Lon: 57.0566289,-2.521026099999972
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
White to Brown courses
Brush off the cobwebs and run off the excesses of Christmas with the first Maroc event of the year. There will be a full range of colour coded courses suitable for all ages from beginners through to experienced orienteers. Everyone is welcome.
Hopefully we will have Banchory Schools Orienteering Club providing hot soup, veg chilli, tea, coffee and home baking to help raise money for their trip to the World Schools Orienteering Championships in Antalya, Turkey in April this year.
Parking will be at the Burnett Park, Glassel Road, Banchory. Due to limited space, please park neatly and share transport if possible.
It would help us if you could pre-enter by sending an email to with your name, BOF number and course, to help ensure we have enough maps available. To help filter the emails, please put EEE in the subject line for the email. For those who send in an early email entry, you just come to registration at the event, pay for your run and pick up a timing brikke. (There is no need to complete an entry slip.) A map will be reserved for you - but only until 12 noon on Sunday.
Please note that this is not a full Pre-entry. It's entirely on a "no obligation" basis and no charge will be made if you cannot come to the event. If you change your mind, and decide on the morning of the event to run a different course, that's fine too (providing there are sufficient maps).
White 1.7km 25m climb
Yellow 2.2km 35m climb
Orange 2.5km 50m climb
Light Green 2.9km 65m climb
Green 4.0km 100m climb
Blue 5.12km 140m climb
Brown 8.3km 210m climb
Directions / Parking
Burnett Park, Banchory
White through to Brown
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.