Nearest town: Aboyne
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.096069,-2.711647
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Parking and registration at Deeside Activity Park
Grid reference: NJ 566 015 (signposted from the A93/Lumphanan road) O-kite will be hung at entrance to Activity Park (opposite the "tank").
Registration & Start Times
Registration: 18:00 – 19:00
Starts: 18:00 – 19:15
Course closes: 20:30
2.9km course (TD3/Orange) with 12 controls and 75m of climb (subject to final checking). The map scale is 1:10,000.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day
Dess Woods and the Activity Park grounds - take care of obstacles and possible moving vehicles (though these are unlikely).
Car Parking: courtesy of the Activity Park, please park tightly and at opposite end from main buildings.
Contacts / Officials
Planner & Organiser: Jon Musgrave
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.