Nearest town: Coull, scotland
- Grid Ref: NJ513026
- Postcode: AB34 4TS
- Lat/Lon: 57.10119800935901,-2.8169631958007812
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Despite best efforts of Ewen Rennie and me, control 121 (used on the Blue and Brown courses) was on the wrong boulder. The nature of the terrain near that control meant this caused no significant issues except in the head of one person. To appease I have voided the time for the relevant leg into that control on the Blue and Brown courses. It made absolutely no difference to the winners or leading positions on either course.
Apologies to Margit Matthews, who was given a dead brikke. There was nothing I could do to find out any of her times, so I had to leave her as mp.
I was also asked to recheck Dillon Thomson's result as he was sure he'd not missed a control. Unfortunately, he made a mistake and one of the controls he punched was from another course.
Directions / Parking
In the car park
Turn off the main road just before the telephone box.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.