Nearest town: Kincardine o Neil
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.07666,-2.67524
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
From A93 at Potarch, cross the bridge to the south side of River Dee. Turn right at Hunters Cottage after 500m. Follow minor road to field in 1200m.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10:30-12:30, Starts from 11:00 - 1:00. Courses close at 3:00pm.
White, Yellow and Orange have legs that go across ground that may be rougher than normal for these course - due to the difficulties that the area presents there are some taped controls on the white, and the yellow follows features other than paths e.g. fences and rides.
Courses White to Brown:
White - 1.4km
Yellow - 1.7km
Orange - 3.1km
Light Green - 3.9km
Green - 4.0km
Blue - 5.6km
Brown - 7.3km
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
If you think that you are probably coming to the event and have a fair idea of which course you would like to run, please email your name, BOF number and course to: by 4pm on Saturday 3rd September.
To help us filter the emails, please put EEE in the subject line for the email.
For those who send in an early email entry, you just come to registration at the event, pay for your run and pick up a timing brikke (there is no need to complete an entry slip). A map will be reserved for you up till 12 noon on Sunday.
Please note that this is not a full pre-entry. It's entirely on a "no obligation" basis and no charge will be made if you cannot come to the event. No money is being taken in advance. This is simply a way of simplifying and speeding up the process of runner registration.
If you choose not to EEE, you can still register and enter in the standard way on Sunday morning.
Senior Non-BOF member £7
Senior BOF member £5, Junior BOF member £2.50
No dogs allowed.
Contacts / Officials
Planner:- Fran Getliff
Organiser:- Lynn Collins
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.