Nearest town: Strachan, Banchory
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.008589,-2.557325
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
The first of the MAROC and GRAMP Deeside Summer Sprint series took place at Bogendreip. This series of 6 races is taking place on Friday evenings through the early summer. Planned at TD3 standard they are meant to be fast and fun so come along and give it a try. The scoring system will be the same as the familiar Deeside Night Cup, with the best four races to count.
The good weather probably helped produce a fine turnout of 44 runners.
Jon Musgrave took the top spot by just 2 seconds from Evgueni Chepelin, with Sasha Chepelin the first junior in turn only 4 seconds ahead of Josh Dudley. Rhona McMillan was first woman, junior or senior.
One course only planned to TD3 standard with estimated winning time of 15-20 mins.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.