Nearest town: Aboyne
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.060523,-2.769241
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Veteran Home Internationals Individual and Local Mass Start (to be held after VHI competition).
Mass start local Score event. Start to be as close to 13:00 as VHIs allow and to be held after the main VHI competition which has a start time of 11:00.
Two score courses - 40 mins. and a 60mins.
8/10/11 17:50 Score Results Spreadsheet uploaded.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.