Nearest town: Aboyne
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.056416,-2.785290
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Come and blow away the post 6-Day blues with a whizz round one of our best areas (as used for the British team final test for the World Champs team).
Directions / Parking
Parking at old quarry, access from Birse road at GR 533 969, signed from South Deeside road at GR 527 977
Registration & Start Times
Registration 1030-1230, starts 1100-1300
Courses White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Green, Blue, Brown.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day is available but if possible please help the organisers by using the early entry system. E-mail by 12:00 Sat 22nd Aug with your name, club, BOF number and details of which course you would like to run.
Contacts / Officials
Planner Peter Craig
Controller Ian Hamilton (Gramp)
Organiser Jon Musgrave
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.