Nearest town: Finzean
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.00977,-2.63042
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Parking will be signed from near Finzean Hall.
Registration & Start Times
Starts/Registration 11:00 – 12:300
Courses offered will be: White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Green and Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry Fees: Senior £5.00 (£7.00 for non BOF members), Seniors running Light Green & below £2.50, Juniors £2.50
EEE entry is available:
If you think that you are probably coming to the event, and have a fair idea of which course you would like to run, please email your name, BOF number, and course to: , by Friday evening 29th November.
To help us filter the emails, please include EEE in the subject line of the email.
For those who send in an early email entry, you just come along to registration at the event, pay for your run and pick up a timing brikke – there is no need to complete an entry slip. A map will be reserved for you up until 11.30 on Sunday.
Please note that this is not a full pre-entry. It’s entirely on a “no obligation” basis and no charge will be made if you cannot come to the event. No money is being taken in advance. This is simply a way of simplifying and speeding up the process of runner registration.
If you change your mind, and decide on the morning of the event to run a different course, that’s fine. Still come to registration, tell us what course you would like to run, and, if there is a map available, we will change your entry.
If something comes up and you cannot come to the event after all, that’s absolutely fine too. There is no need to email to let us know, and no apologies or explanations are necessary!
If you choose not to EEE, you can still register and enter in the standard way at the event, subject to map availability.
Contacts / Officials
Planner / organiser: Dan Gooch
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.