Nearest town: Banchory
- Grid Ref: NO 702950
- Postcode: AB31 5BP
- Lat/Lon: 57.04551,-2.49107
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Parking will be at the car park opposite the Falls of Feugh Restaurant
Grid ref: NO 702950
Postcode: AB31 5BP
Lat/Lon: 57.045107 , -2.4927647
Registration will be in the car park
Registration & Start Times
Starts will be available from 6pm until 7pm. Courses close at 8pm. Clear and check units will be at the start
There is a walk of 1 km from the car park to the start and then the same for the finish. ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT ON THE WALK TO START AND FINISH
There will be 2 courses available:
Sprint – straight line distance 3 km, 14 controls, 85m climb
Yellow suitable for beginners - straight line distance 2km, 13 controls, 55m climb
Controls will be SIAC enabled, but start and finish must be dibbed
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Children and Students £2.50
Dibber Hire £1
Contacts / Officials
Organisers/Planners: Joy and Ewan Cameron
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Participants in orienteering should be aware of the risk of tick bites - more information here.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.