Nearest town: Banchory
- Grid Ref: NO703950
- Postcode: AB31 6LH
- Lat/Lon: 57.04546,-2.49103
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Registration, collection of hire SI cards and download is in the Falls of Feugh car park at https://w3w.co/suspended.yelled.rafters
The start is at https://w3w.co/unit.september.uproot which is approx. 960m from the car park, about a 12 minute walk. Please be observant for traffic on this walk as there is no pavement after the Feugh Bridge, and the road is fairly narrow. Finish is about a 5 minute walk back to download in the Falls of Feugh Car Park.
Registration & Start Times
Pre-entry via this link before 10pm on Monday, no entries on the day.
Starts/Registration 18:00 – 19:00
Courses close 20:00/20:30 depending on the planner/area.
Long course 4.9km with 200m climb.
Short course 3.1km with 120m climb.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Seniors £5, Juniors £2.50
Contacts / Officials
Organiser/planner: Alan Bennett
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Participants in orienteering should be aware of the risk of tick bites - more information here.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.