Nearest town: Banchory
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.05796,-2.67000
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
At Potarch Green public car park, please park yourself neatly!!
Registration & Start Times
Registration 10:30 to 12:30
Starts 10:40 to 12:40
Courses close at 14:00
|Name||Length (km)||Climb (m)|
White and yellow courses go through a padlocked farm gate which needs to be climbed, and a pedestrian gate which needs to be opened or can be climbed. Parents are welcome to accompany their children if they think they will need help.
All roads are out of bounds. The longer courses cross the road. When crossing the road, please take care and cross directly rather than running along the road.
Ticks are present in the forest. Remember to check after your run and remove according to published guidelines. The 'TickApp Project' scientists will be running an information tent - please help them by reporting your ticks using their App.
Sheep are present in the area - remember to wash your hands before eating.
Potarch green and forest are used by other members of the public for walking, dog walking and mountain biking.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Under 21s £2.50
Over 21s £5
Potarch Green great for picnics, there are BBQ facilities and a cafe on the opposite side of the green to the car park
Dogs on a lead - sheep in the area
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Joe Wright
Organiser - Denise Wright
Controller - Paul Duley
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Timing will be by EMIT brikke
Please note that lost brikkes will be charged for at £45 unless the Club Commitee agrees there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.