Nearest town: Aboyne
- Grid Ref:
- Lat/Lon: 57.07541,-2.73031
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS)
- Bing Map (OS)
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
The event will be signed from the A93, 1 mile west of the junction with minor road to Lumphanan. Follow signs to WHW Belwade Farm.
Parking is at the Belwade Farm Horse Welfare centre car park. Please park at the top end of the car park by the bus bays, and where possible please double/triple park in the bus bays to leave as much of the car park free for other visitors to the farm.
We will be collecting a £1 donation for parking, to be donated to Belwade Farm.
Registration & Start Times
Registration open: 10:30
Course starts: 11:00 - 12:30
Courses close: 14:00
Registration will be in the NE corner of Bellwood at grid reference NO 554 984 which is a 10-15 minute walk from the car park. Please follow the markers from the carpark through Belwade Farm into Bellwood. Please keep to paths and do not disturb or approach horses.
Start and Finish are both within 200m of registration.
White (TD1) 1.1 km
Yellow (TD2) 2 km
Orange (TD3) 3 km
Medium (TD4/5) 3.3 km
Long (TD4/5) 5 km
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
EEE entry is available. If you think that you are probably coming to the event, please email your name, BOF number, and course to: , by Friday evening 31st January.
Please include EEE in the subject line of the email.
Then just come along to registration at the event, pay for your run and pick up a timing brikke – there is no need to complete an entry slip. A map will be reserved for you up until 11.30 on Sunday.
If you change your mind, and you can't come or decide to run a different course, that’s fine. Just tell us at registration. If there is a map available, we will change your entry.
There is no need to email to let us know, and no apologies or explanations are necessary!
If you choose not to EEE, you can still register and enter in the usual way at the event, subject to map availability.
Please keep dogs on a lead in and about Belwade Farm
Contacts / Officials
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
SPORTident timing will be used
Please note that a lost hire SI-Card will be charged for at a rate of £30, unless the Club Commitee agrees that there are special circumstances.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.